The NHS App is now available.
It is a convenient smartphone app, created by NHS Digital, designed to be the only health app you’ll need in order to manage your health and wellbeing online.
As Meadowside patient, you will also be able to use it to access your hospital information, if you’ve received care at Macclesfield or Leighton Hospital.
You’ll be able to:
- View your hospital appointments
View any appointments and see any letters you may have from Leighton or Macclesfield Hospital.
· Book and cancel appointments
Book, view and cancel appointments at your GP surgery and your hospital clinic, if you receive care at either Macclesfield or Leighton Hospitals.
· View your records
Access your GP medical and hospital records, if you’ve received care at either Macclesfield or Leighton Hospitals.
· Order repeat prescriptions
See your available medicines and place an order.
· Check and record your symptoms
Find trusted NHS information on hundreds of conditions and treatments and get instant advice
· Register your organ donation decision
Choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- Find out how the NHS uses your data
Choose if data from your health records can be shared for research and planning.
The NHS App gives you more control over your health and care.
You can use it wherever you are, at any time of the day or night.
As it is integrated with the MyCareView Patient Portal in Cheshire East, you will be able to access your hospital information alongside your GP information; giving you more control, confidence, convenience, and consistency in your care than ever before.
Owned and run by the NHS
The app is designed and operated by the NHS in England to give you access to a range of services.
The MyCareView Patient Portal is built by UK-based healthcare software company Patients Know Best (PKB), in partnership with NHS England, and the Cheshire East Partnership (which includes local NHS organisations and Cheshire East Council).
Ask your GP surgery about their plans to introduce the NHS App with the MyCareView Patient Portal.
Get started with the NHS App
- 1. Download the NHS App from the iOS App Store or the Google Play store
- 2. Login to the NHS App with your NHS details
- 3. Select: More
- 4. Select: “Appointments”
- 5. Select “Continue”
- 6. Agree to share your NHS information
- 7. Create login details for Patients Know Best
- 8. Review and agree your sharing settings
- 9. You’re all set
Tips to make the most of the NHS App with MyCareView
Your appointments, results, symptoms and health information are all easily available once you log in.
- Your CarePlans are in the “MyRecord” section
- Communications and letters from your clinical team are found by selecting “More” and “Messages”.
- You can find more links to services and resources to help your health and wellbeing by selecting “More” and “Library.”